Samhällsvetenskapsprogrammet med undervisningsspråk engelska.
The International Social Science Programme is intended for students who are interested in how people and societies develop and function today in various ways. Other focus areas are History, Languages, Religions and Democracy.
The International Social Science Programme follows the syllabus for the Swedish Samhällsvetenskapsprogrammet (SA) using English as the language of instruction and communication.
What you will study
You learn about social structures and people’s living conditions from a national and global perspective. You broaden and extend your knowledge of various social issues through interpreting, explaining and applying the methods of the social sciences. You study International relations and focus on the United Nations’ (UN) key issues. We give you the opportunity to prepare for language proficiency tests, i.e. Cambridge Certificate (CAE).
The programme lays the foundations for further studies in a broad range of social science areas in higher education, both in Sweden and abroad. The demand for high level English language skills, such as those provided by the Cambridge Certificate (CAE), is increasing all around the world. Passing Cambridge English Advanced shows that you are a high achiever and it is a badge of excellence. CAE is an internationally recognized certificate and is looked upon favourably by future employers and can be used for your university and student Visa applications in the UK and Australia.
Ten Reasons to choose a program at the International College (INT)
- It increases your academic possibilities: Many universities in Sweden have course books, lectures and seminars in English and require you to write essays and reports in English, especially in science and mathematics.
- It enhances your future attractiveness: Being proficient in English and modern languages makes you attractive both the national and global market. It is becoming more and more difficult to get a job today without good English skills.
- You will learn studying and time management techniques that will serve you well, both now and in the future.
- The classes are smaller, allowing our teachers to spend more time helping and developing you as a student.
- The teaching team is highly qualified and international: the teachers come from many different countries and different walks of life.
- You will have the possibility to participate in exchange trips to other countries, such as Spain, Finland, Italy, England, and China.
- All programmes can participate in the European Youth Parliament and several UN activities. If you study Business you also learn how to start your own company, and in Natural Sciences you have the opportunity to visit an observatory and compete in the European Youth Science Olympiad.
- We also offer the possibility to take the Cambridge English: Advanced exam (CEA), which gives you a diploma in English proficiency that will increase your chances of studying abroad immensely.
- The classes are very multi-international, with students from across the world, with just a few examples being Germany, Iran, Australia, England, Greece, Nigeria, USA, and Poland.
- Lastly, students who attend the International College have some of the highest average grades in all of Sörmland county, proving the quality of not only the teachers, but also the excellent performance of the students.