The International Natural Science Program is intended for students who wish to study the natural sciences in English and is particularly suited for students interested in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
This program has a reputation for producing good quality students with high grade averages and follows the syllabus for the Swedish Naturvetenskapsprogrammet (NA) using English as the teaching language.
What you will study
You learn about solving mathematical problems, energy, electricity, the human body, the ecosystem, biochemistry and genetic technology among other topics. Studying natural science includes field studies, laboratory work, practical training and theoretical studies as well as international contacts and exchanges. There will be a number of study visits that will take place throughout the three year program. We give you the opportunity to prepare for the Cambridge Advanced English Exam (CAE), a language proficiency test.
The program lays the foundations for further studies in natural sciences, medicine, engineering, mathematics, technology and social sciences. In Sweden, university studies are often conducted in English, and the program will leave you well prepared both for study here and in other countries such as Great Britain, USA, New Zealand and Australia.
Ten Reasons to choose a program at the International College (INT)
- It increases your academic possibilities: Many universities in Sweden have course books, lectures and seminars in English and require you to write essays and reports in English, especially in science and mathematics.
- It enhances your future attractiveness: Being proficient in English and modern languages makes you attractive both the national and global market. It is becoming more and more difficult to get a job today without good English skills.
- You will learn studying and time management techniques that will serve you well, both now and in the future.
- The classes are smaller, allowing our teachers to spend more time helping and developing you as a student.
- The teaching team is highly qualified and international: the teachers come from many different countries and different walks of life.
- You will have the possibility to participate in exchange trips to other countries, such as Spain, Finland, Italy, England, and China.
- All programmes can participate in the European Youth Parliament and several UN activities. If you study Business you also learn how to start your own company, and in Natural Sciences you have the opportunity to visit an observatory and compete in the European Youth Science Olympiad.
- We also offer the possibility to take the Cambridge English: Advanced exam (CEA), which gives you a diploma in English proficiency that will increase your chances of studying abroad immensely.
- The classes are very multi-international, with students from across the world, with just a few examples being Germany, Iran, Australia, England, Greece, Nigeria, USA, and Poland.
- Lastly, students who attend the International College have some of the highest average grades in all of Sörmland county, proving the quality of not only the teachers, but also the excellent performance of the students.